Postage and Shipping Policy
- Our insignia prices do not include postage / shipping costs - this is added to the cost of your order.
- There is a minimum charge of £1.50 postage and packing for all orders.
- Items sent within the UK will be sent by First Class post and items sent outside the UK will be sent by Airmail.
- We send items by Air Mail at 'Small Packet' rate if this is cheaper than ordinary air mail.
- The Royal Mail has a maximum weight limit of 2 Kilogrammes for most items (there is a lower limit for some countries and there is usually a greater limit for books). If your order is too heavy, we will split it into separate packets.
The postage cost cannot be accurately calculated until the items are weighed in their packaging.
- We do not reserve items, so the weight of your order may be reduced if someone else has bought an item you wanted. This is why we recommend using 'Limited-Value Cheques' which we can complete for a lower amount if postal costs are lower than anticipated.
- Please do not e-mail us to ask how much the postage costs are likely to be, as this creates additional work, which may be in vain if part of your order is sold before your order arrives.
- The best way to work out postage costs is to take an educated guess at the weight of the items you want (plus the weight of their packaging), and use our quick postal guide.
- Add a little extra to your Limited Value Cheque in case you under-estimated the weight of the items.
- Include alternative items with your order in case your first-choice has been sold. If you do not use 'Limited-Value Cheques' and send too much money, we will add items from your list of alternatives.
Within the UK & BFPO. The insignia that we send is insured in transit by the Royal Mail. If
the order total is up to £20, there is no extra cost for insurance within the UK. If
your order costs over £20, we must insure it at extra cost.
In line with Royal Mail compensation limits:
- Packets valued up to £20 will be sent within the UK by Standard First Class Post
- Packets valued between £20 and £50 will be sent within the UK by Royal Mail 'Signed For'
- Packets valued over £50 will be sent within the UK by Royal Mail Special Delivery.
Overseas Orders. We normally use Airmail, which gives up to £46 compensation without tracking. Packets valued over £46 will be sent as 'International 'Signed For'.
Our address for all correspondence is:
Ian G. Kelly (Militaria)
P.O. Box 66